New site launch: AACPM
ACS Creative just launched the fresh new face of AACPM (www.aacpm.org), a nationally recognized education organization that represents the nine accredited U.S. colleges of podiatric medicine as well as over 200 hospitals and organizations that conduct graduate training in podiatric medicine.
The American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine’s (AACPM) mission is to serve as the leader in facilitating and promoting excellence in podiatric medical education leading to the delivery of the highest quality lower extremity healthcare to the public. AACPM’s membership consists of nine podiatric medical schools and more than 200 hospitals and institutions that offer postdoctoral training in podiatric medicine. The Association serves as a national forum for the exchange of ideas, issues formation and concerns relating to podiatric medical education.
AACPM’s vision is to ensure, through collaboration and other appropriate means, that academic podiatric medicine is a vibrant community of schools and residency programs and other entities staffed with administrators, teachers and researchers capable of educating and training a podiatric workforce relevant to the needs of the public, generating new biomedical knowledge and providing academically based health services.
The AACPM administers several national service programs, including:
- DPM Mentors Network: Assists interested students with locating a practicing podiatrists and current podiatric students for information about the profession.
- AACPMAS – Centralized Application : Centralized application service known as which processes all applications submitted for admission to the podiatric medical schools.
- Clerkship Program: An online application and matching service for third year students applying for their third and fourth year clerkship rotations.
- CASPR – Central Application Service for Podiatric Residencies: Application and matching service for fourth year students interested in applying for residency positions in teaching hospitals.
- CRIP – Centralized Residency Interview Program : The CRIP interview process provides a means of saving time and money as hospital faculty and residency candidates interview together in one major city during one six-day period in January each year.
AACPM staff also support the activities of the Association’s Board of Directors and several Councils representing member podiatric medical schools and residency programs.
AACPM is an Affiliated Organization of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), which represents practicing podiatric physicians in the USA.